Sample Sequence Level 5
Sample Scope and Sequence Level 5
Each term revisits concepts allowing teaching and learning to take individual students to higher levels of understanding.
· Contexts for Number and Place Value include Whole Number, Length, Time, Mass, Volume and Money.
· Money used to develop concepts of Place Value including Decimals within Operations.
· All strategies emphasise use of Place Value components and mental computation (Partial Sums, Partial Products).
· Teachers need to make explicit the links between the four operations and Fractions.
· Problem Solving activities aligned to topics under investigation presented to students to further develop Proficiency Strands of Australian Curriculum (Understanding, Fluency, Problem Solving & Reasoning).
· All activities emphasise the use of Number in student relevant authentic open (self differentiating) contexts.
Please note that this is a sample only and each school would make decisions regarding an agreed sequence of learning based on student need and prior learning.